This is a recipe from a while ago which I’ve since changed the appearance of, but the actual ingredients are still the same…
This is gluten free, lactose free, and low in sugar
250g butternut squash
135g gluten-free flour (I used a mix of rice, quinoa, buckwheat and oats this time)
70g ground almonds
1/2 tsp xanthan
2 tbsp baking powder
A pinch of salt
Zest and juice of 2 lemons
400ml lactose-free cream
– Preheat the oven to 180C.
– Beat eggs and sugar for 5 minutes.
– Add the other ingredients apart from lemons, cream and blueberries and mix well.
– Add the lemon zest and juice and mix again.
– Bake the cake in the middle of the oven for 30-35 mins.
– While it cools, beat the cream and add 2/3 of the blueberries.
– Cut the cake in 2 horizontally. add the cream and blueberry mixture, put the other half of the cake on top, and put the rest of the cream on.
– Arrange blueberries on top as you wish 🙂